The pharmaceutical industry has declared war against the 340B program.
Eighteen of the largest manufacturers are unlawfully and unilaterally restricting access to 340B pricing on drugs dispensed by contract pharmacies and that number is sure to grow. If manufacturers can condition their participation in the program in this manner, imagine what other conditions they might apply in the future. They could, for example, only offer discounts on direct manufacturer purchases or require covered entities to enter into onerous compliance agreements as a condition of receiving 340B drugs.
The time is now to defend the 340B program. The safety net community needs to unite and launch a national campaign to increase public awareness of both the 340B program’s vital role in supporting public health and the pharmaceutical industry’s unconscionable attacks on the program. Noticeably missing from the current debate about the 340B program are the voices of the patients and communities that ultimately benefit from the program. Safety net hospitals, clinics, and their respective advocacy organizations have done their best to defend the program, but there is a distinct need to personalize the program and to tell the story of how it affects individual lives in tangible ways. Those community voices will ultimately be the ones that can best elevate the discussion beyond the rhetoric of the pharmaceutical industry.
340B CAMPAIGN SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
JOIN US AS A CAMPAIGN SPONSOR to help preserve and protect the 340B program, especially against industry attacks on the contract pharmacy program. Your sponsorship supports our public awareness campaign to elevate the stories of hospitals, clinics, individuals, and community leaders on why the 340B program must be protected. The campaign seeks to demonstrate how a sustained and vibrant 340B program protects medically vulnerable populations and improves public health.
Campaign sponsors can choose to remain anonymous.
JOIN US AS A CAMPAIGN SPONSOR to help preserve and protect the 340B program, especially against industry attacks on the contract pharmacy program. Your sponsorship supports a national 340B public relations and education campaign to:
- Unite 340B stakeholders through strong, targeted, and consistent messaging
- Challenge the pharmaceutical industry’s unilateral and unlawful restrictions on contract pharmacy arrangements
- Defend the program from other threats such as discriminatory reimbursement by payers
- Reinforce the 340B advocacy efforts of other covered entity groups
- Bolster our champions: key Members of Congress and the Administration
- Educate the public on the 340B program’s benefit to safety net providers and the communities they serve
- Build a broadly-based, inclusive community of 340B supporters and opinion leaders
With your sponsorship, the 340B Campaign will fight for the 340B program in “court of public opinion,” using the following tools, among others:
- Coordinated Public Relations Campaign
- Social Media Influencer Outreach
- Large-Scale Public Education
- Inspirational Video Content
- Interviews, Editorials, Blogs, and Opinion Editorials
- Earned and Paid Media
- Community Organizing and Engagement
- Consistent, Creative Email Marketing
We are STRONGER TOGETHER and will keep you and your organization apprised of campaign progress every step of the way through regular updates and complimentary invites to all campaign events.
Ready to Sponsor? Click Here.
Want more information, email rhiannon.marshall@CV340B.org